To develop the business relationship for referral business and positive recommendations to occur, we need to develop the KNOW, LIKE & TRUST with our fellow KBN members and other business owners.
KNOW – there are two parts to the ‘KNOW’
1. Get to know the other person:
• Spend time getting to know them- book Key Meetings and sit down with them and get to know them
• Ask questions- people like to be asked about themselves and their business. If appropriate, find out about them, their interests, family etc.
• Listen – you will learn lots from just listening to others
2. Let others know who you are and what you have to offer:
• Be able to succinctly describe the benefits of your service- if you can’t describe them, then how can others?
• Be specific about the help you want – who is your ideal client? Give an example of a business that you may be targeting this month eg. Builders.
• How can someone recognize that someone else needs your service? Give examples of what people may be saying if they need your service or product.
• How effective are your business cards – do they clearly convey what you do? Do you use both sides of your business card?
• Do you have effective promotional materials that clearly convey/show your services are of value to others? (not just stating what you do)
LIKE – show others that you like them and help them to like you
• Help others first.
• Never criticize others.
• Provide written and verbal testimonials whenever possible.
• Be supportive to others when they need it.
TRUST – show that you are trustworthy
• Be authentic – don’t try to be someone you are not – remember it is ‘you’ that is your unique selling point and people will see through an ‘act’.
• Deliver your promises and exceed expectations with the service you provide.
• Be a good customer – pay on time.
To find a Brisbane networking group with the Know Like Trust Philosophy click here.