Frequently Asked Questions
There are many benefits from joining Key Business Network. Some of these include:
- KBN is a professional organisation with a reputation of being one of the most friendly and supportive networking groups in Australia.
- Growth of your business is a very important reason to join KBN. Our structured meetings enable you as a member to get to know, like and trust each other, resulting in referral business being exchanged.
- Guest speakers and members providing regular professional and personal development to help you to grow personally and subsequently your business.
- We encourage you to work collaboratively and to support and help each other with a positive and abundant mindset.
- When you join a group in KBN, you become part of a larger ‘family’ of KBN where members show support and loyalty to other members of any group.
- Only one person from each specific profession or business category can join each group. This provides you with exclusive ‘marketing’ in your group and to lock out your competitor.
We encourage you to invite guests to your group and we ask you to bring at least 4 guests to your group each year. This helps to grow your group and subsequently helping all members as it has the potential to provide more referrals for everyone.
You are encouraged to bring guests who do not represent the same professions/business category as the other members of your group. If you know of someone who is in a similar or same profession as one of your members, we encourage you to contact your leader to find out which group the guest may be invited to.
If you are having a challenge with finding people who you can invite to meetings, please reach out to your leader as we can help you with this.
No you are not expected to give referrals to every member. We encourage you to always be looking for opportunities to give genuine referrals. The first step in finding referrals is to meet up for a 1 to 1 meeting where you can get to know the other member. From there you should be able to like and develop trust with that person.
If you find it difficult to share referrals, please ask the leader of your group for help in the area.
You do not need to have been in business for any length of time to become a member of the KBN community.
Many of our members have been in business for over 10 years but we also have people join who are only just starting out in business. You as a member will benefit from joining Key Business Network no matter how long you have been in business.
Currently we hold both breakfast and lunch meetings.
The breakfast meetings are very popular as it enables you as a member to attend the meeting and then get back to work in regular office hours.
Lunch time is also an ideal time to meet for those people who have early morning family commitments or just do not like getting up early in the morning.
If you are keen to be a part of a group and wish to meet at a different time, we are happy to chat with you about this.